Industry Affiliations, Publications, & Presentations
Past President, The Society of Communication Technology Consultants, International (2006-2008, www.sctcconsultants.org). The SCTC is a association of independent information and communications technology (ICT) professionals dedicated to three key principles:
1. Enhancing the professional growth and development of members:
2. Building a network of partnerships among the members to deliver high quality solutions to clients;
3. Sustaining a network of independent consultants, who adhere to high ethical standards as written in the STC Code of Ethics.
The STC's Code of Ethics are the parameters by which TBG conducts its business. Byron Battles signs the Code of Ethics annually.
Mr. Battles contributes regularly to industry web sites and publications. From 2006-2009, Mr. Battles was a "UC Expert" affiliated with Unified Communications Strategies (www.unstrategies.com). UC Strategies is "an industry resource for enterprises, vendors, system integrators, and anyone interested in the growing Unified Communications arena. A supplier of objective information on Unified Communications, UC Strategies is supported by an alliance of leading communication industry advisors, analysts, and consultants, who have worked in the various segments of Unified Communications since its inception."
Mr. Battles has contributed to NoJitter.com (www.nojitter.com ), a premier industry forum for the exchange of ideas, trends, and developments.
Presentations & Publications
- Contributor for NoJitter.com (formerly Business Communications Review magazine), www.nojitter.com
- Coauthored article with Sara Uzel (Technology Trends Group) in Internet Telephony, “Silencing the Skeptics: IP Telephony is Not a Conspiracy,” April 2002.
- Speaker at professional conferences and seminars:
- March 2011, Enterprise Connect, Orlando 2011, Moderator for “Five Top Ways to Avoid Telecom Expenses” sessionApril 2014, ACUTA conference, “Beyond the Hype: Real World Look at Hosted vs. Premises-Based Solutions,” Dallas, TX
- June 2013, International Avaya Users Group (IUAG), Avaya Podcast Network, “E911 and the Enterprise,” http://fletch.cachefly.net/IAUG2013/023-Battles.mp3
- May 2013, NEC Dealers’ Conference, “How to Work with Consultants,” Phoenix, AZ
- October, 2012, ACUTA Annual Conference and Exhibition, “Hosted vs. Enterprise Telecommunications Services…Looking for Savings in all the Wrong Places?”, Houston, TX
- July 2011, IT Financial Management Association (ITFMA) national conference, San Antonio, T
- “Hosted vs. Premises Solutions
- “UC Update”
- March 2011, Enterprise Connect, Orlando, FL, Moderator for “Five Top Ways to Avoid Telecom Expenses” session
- August 2010, IT Financial Management Association National Conference, Harrisburg, PA
- “Pros and Cons of Managed Services: In Search of Savings and Simplified Management,”
- “How to Hire a Consultant”
- Feb 2010. Voice Report webinar, “Pros and Cons of Managed Services: In Search of Savings and Simplified Management,” http://www.thevoicereport.com/ManagedServices
- March 2008, Voicecon Orlando 2008, Moderator for “Vertical Market Focus: Government” session.
- June 2007, The Voice Report’s Telecom Junkies podcast, “Avaya Acquisition Stunner,” http://www.thevoicereport.com/TelecomJunkiesArchive-Avaya.html
- August 2006, BCR Fall VoiceCon, San Francisco, CA, “IP-PBX Implementation: Consultants’ View” panel
- March 2003, IN-IP World Forum Orlando, FL, “Demonstrating the Value of Converged Services to the Enterprise”
- February 2003, BCR VoiceCon, Washington, DC, “Multi-Site Networking: Networking PBXs”
- December 2001, Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) teleforum, “Developing ROI for Converged Enterprise Solutions”
- September 2000, Networld+INTEROP, Atlanta, GA, “IP Telephony in the Real World” workshop
- May 2000, Networld+INTEROP, Las Vegas, NV, “Nextgen IP Telephony Systems” workshop
- Member of consultant liaison programs for major vendors and distributors: Aastra, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, Genesys, Interactive Intelligence, Juniper, Mitel, NEC, ShoreTel, Siemens
- Vendor/Manufacturer Consultant Advisory Boards member (current & past), usually composed of 10-12 US and Canadian consultants: Avaya, Interactive Intelligence, Mitel, Siemens/Unify, ShoreTel